open the search panel
close the search panel חפש

עורכי דין לפי תחום


      לדעת יותר - מדריכים משפטיים

        משרדי עורכי דין

          • 7 בדצמבר 2013

            בת זוג של Permanent Resident

            ברשותי גרין קארד מתוקף איחוד משפחות (קטגוריה F33). אני מתגורר כיום בישראל והאזרחות היחידה שיש לי היא ישראלית. הכרתי את בת-זוגי לאחר שקיבלתי את הגרין קארד ואנחנו מעוניינים להתחתן. גם היא בעלת אזרחות ישראלית בלבד ומתגוררת בישראל. אנחנו מעוניינים לעשות רילוקיישן לארה"ב. יש לי שתי שאלות (שיש ביניהן חפיפה מסויימת):
            1. מהן האפשרויות שעומדות בפנינו לקבל בשביל בת-זוגי אשרת שהייה ואישור עבודה בארה"ב?
            2. האם מבחינת תהליך קבלת הוויזה עבור בת-זוגי יש משמעות לשאלה האם אנו נתחתן בארה"ב או מחוצה לה?

            7 בדצמבר 2013
          • 8 בדצמבר 2013

            בת זוג של Permanent Resident

            Hi Victor,

            Thank you for your explanation.

            To answer your first question, most likely the only way for your girlfriend to receive permission to live and work in the US is for you to sponsor her as her husband (Family-based sponsorship category F2A). Therefore, you will need to get married before you can sponsor her.

            To answer your second question, it does not matter where you get married as long as it is legally recognized in the country where the marriage takes place.

            Lastly, please note that your own Green Card status may be in jeopardy depending on how long you have been outside the US and living in Israel. If your Green Card status is deemed to have been abandoned, you will not only be prevented from sponsoring your future wife for a Green Card, but you can also lose your own Green Card.

            If you are very interested in moving forward with this process and learning the details of your situation, I recommend that you contact me directly via email to set up a consultation, as it appears that your situation may require some time to explain.

            I hope this helps.

            8 בדצמבר 2013
          forum moderator שלום, מה השאלה המשפטית שלך?
          close the form