open the search panel
close the search panel חפש

עורכי דין לפי תחום


      לדעת יותר - מדריכים משפטיים

        משרדי עורכי דין

          • 15 בפברואר 2014

            איך לא לאבד הגרין קארד?

            שם תוכן הודעה:ברשותי גרין קארד מזה כ-5 שנים, עקב נישואין שכבר הסתיימו. מאז אני דואגת להיות בארהב כל חצי שנה אפילו לחודש. במשך 5 השנים גם הייתה לי אשרת שהיה לשנתיים מחוץ לארהב, אך בטרם הסתימה השנה הראשונה הייתי בארהב ל-5 חודשים. כעת אני מתקשה להיות בארהב כל חצי שנה. האם מלבד הוצאת אשרת שהיה מחוץ לארהב ישנו פיתרון אחר? האם ישללו ממני את הגרין קארד באם אופיע אחרי 11 חודשים? האם ישנו עו’’ד טוב לנסות להוציא אשרה כזו או אולי אזרחות כי במצטבר של כל התקופות אגרתי 2.5 שנים בארהב אך עם 2 העדרויות של 11 חודשים? תודה!

            15 בפברואר 2014
          • 16 בפברואר 2014

            איך לא לאבד הגרין קארד?

            Hi Liat,

            Unfortunately, are extremely unlikely to be eligible for US Citizenship based on the situation that you described. In fact, not only are you likely ineligible for US Citizenship, but you also may be in danger of losing your Green Card. The best way to preserve your Green CArd while outside the US is still obtain a reentry permit (typically valid for two years) before leaving the US. If you do not have a valid reentry permit and you spend significant time outside the US, then you can potentially lose your Green Card when you next enter the US. Unfortunately, there is no way to be certain what will happen when you enter the US because the decision regarding your Green CArd is made by the individual immigration officer. With that said, frequent departures from the US of 6-12 months is likely to raise questions at the airport.

            This type of issue cannot be fully explained in email. If you would like to further discuss, please email me and we can set up a consultation.

            I hope this helps and that all is well. Good luck.


            16 בפברואר 2014
          forum moderator שלום, מה השאלה המשפטית שלך?
          close the form